11 OCTOBER 2019
Mental Health Awareness 2019
As you all know it is Mental Health Awareness Week and as a Yoga fitness company, mental health is something that is important to us and very close to our heart.
According to Mental Health First Aid England (2019), mental health is the biggest cause of disease in the United Kingdom and it has a high percentage of permanent impact than any other illness. They state that 1 in 4 individuals will experience mental health problems every year.
Each year the rise of mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, and stress has risen significantly over the years, affecting both men and women in different ways.
- In England, women are more probable than men to suffer from a common mental health issue such as anxiety, stress and depression, and they are twice as likely to be diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
- A total of 6,233 suicides were confirmed in the United Kingdom in 2013, and it was reported that 78% were male and 22% were female.
The Mental Health Foundation (2019)
The Men’s Mental Health Forum (2017) state that suicide is the largest cause of death in men under the age of thirty five.
To raise awareness for Mental Health causes we will be raising money for Movember which is a foundation that aims to save and improve men’s lives through focused projects on prostate and testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention. We will be holding a number of events where we will be raising money for the cause which you can look out for on social media, but you can also donate here: https://mobro.co/brogafitnessyoga?mc=1.
Upcoming Broga Events
2 day Broga Fitness Yoga Teacher Training at Milton Keynes
October 19th to 20th
07:30 am to 18:30 pm
David Lloyd Milton Keynes
Livingstone Dr, Milton Keynes, MK150D
You can book your place here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/2-day-broga-fitness-yoga-certification-milton-keynes-tickets-74274381675
Broga Movember Donation Only Class
Saturday 7th November
13:00 to 14:00 pm
Location to be confirmed
To book please donate here: https://mobro.co/brogafitnessyoga?mc=1
Then call: 0207 148 5990 to confirm – spaces are limited to 16 students and are only bookable over the phone.
* Check out our Instagram and Facebook for more events *
Broga Teacher Schedule’s
- Every Tuesday at Soul Sanctuary Studios – 18:00 to 18:45 pm
- Wednesday 16th at David Lloyd Milton Keynes – 19:05 to 19:55 pm
- Thursday 17th at Studio Leela Milton Keynes – 19:45 to 20:45 pm
- Wednesday 23rd at David Lloyd Milton Keynes – 19:05 to 19:55 pm
- Wednesday 24th at Studio Leela Milton Keynes – 19:45 to 20:45 pm
- Every Monday at Moreyoga Croydon – 18:15 pm Yogasana and 19:30 pm Flow to Restore
- Every Thursday at Moreyoga East Greenwich – 06:45 am Vinyasa
- Every Thursday at Moreyoga Lewisham – 10:00 am Slow Flow
- Every Saturday at Harbour Club Kensington – 10:30 am Intro to Holistic’s and 11:00 am Broga
- Every Saturday at Moreyoga Balham – 17:00 pm Yin and Meditation
- Every Sunday at More Brixton – 16:00 pm Restorative and Meditation
- Sunday 27th October at Moreyoga Brixton – 14:00 to 15:30 pm Breast Cancer Awareness to support Coppafeel
- Every Sunday in November at Yogahaven – 15:30 pm Karma Class
- Monday 14th October at Gymbox Cannon St Hathaway Yoga – 13:00 pm
- Tuesday 15th October at Kindred Yoga – 18:45 pm Vinyasa Flow
- Saturday 19th October at Gymbox Elephant and Castle – 10:45 am Yoga 4 Lifting and 11:30 am Rehab
- Monday 14th October at LevelSix Studios – 20:00 pm Yoga for Sport
- Tuesday 15th October at Evolve 353 – 19:00 pm Yoga for Strength
- Wednesday 16th October at Level Six Studios – 12:30 pm Power Flow
- Wednesday 16th October at Gymbox Farringdon – 19:15 pm Yoga for Lifting
- Thursday 17th October at Gymbox CG – 13:15 pm Yoga for Lifting
- Thursday 17th October at ThirdSpace CW – 18:30 Vinyasa and 19:35 pm Hatha
*Starting from November*
- Every Tuesday at Athletic Victoria – 18:00 pm
- Every Wednesday at Mindset Fitness Waterloo – 13:00 pm
- Every Thursday at City Athletic Bank – 12:15 pm
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post! We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events and classes, and we hope that you join us in raising money for Movember!
And tell us.. What does mental health awareness mean to you?
If you are struggling with your mental health and need support, you can contact the Samaritans at any time on 116 123.
The Mental Health Foundation (2019) Mental Health: men and women. Available at: https://mhfaengland.org/mhfa-centre/research-and-evaluation/mental-health-statistics/#impact (Accessed: 10 October 2019).
The Men’s Mental Health Forum (2017) Key Data: Mental Health. Available at: https://www.menshealthforum.org.uk/key-data-mental-health (Accessed: 10th October 2019).
Mental Health First Aid England (2019) Mental Health Statistic’s. Available at: https://mhfaengland.org/mhfa-centre/research-and-evaluation/mental-health-statistics/#impact (Accessed: 10th October 2019).